Grants up to $15,000 are available to not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organizations within western Pennsylvania and in areas where the Sisters of St. Francis of the Neumann Communities minister.
Pledges are not made, but organizations may reapply in consecutive years. Mid-year and year-end reports help to determine further funding.
Certain assets are restricted geographically to western Pennsylvania and are categorized into eight recommended dispositions:
- Capital construction projects, equipment needs and/or physical plant renovations
- Care of the indigent
- General purposes requested by not-for-profit organizations
- Support of educational, research and wellness programs
- Medical educational programs and/or related materials
- Scholarships for nursing and related nursing educational needs
- Psychiatric, mental health, mental retardation, and addiction services
- Health care related programs in the city of Pittsburgh
Organizations and grant proposals must be in conformity with the ethical and social teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
Download File Ethical and Social Teachings of the Roman Catholic Church
The Portiuncula Foundation awards nursing scholarships on an objective and nondiscriminatory basis to one or more students working to
obtain a nursing diploma or degree.